Payment Options (Vision Correction Financing)
SEE the Flex Spending Page HERE
If you're like most people, you probably have a number of questions about LASIK - especially about how to pay for the surgery. That's why Vance Thompson Vision offers the following easy payment options to make your laser or implant vision correction experience as smooth and affordable as possible.
At Vance Thompson Vision, we are committed to offering only the safest and most effective procedures available, while constantly staying on the cutting edge of laser and implant technology. As a result, the cost of our procedures may sometimes be greater than that of other centers not investing in the latest methods and technological advances.
Most insurance companies consider refractive surgery to be an elective procedure, so it is often not covered under basic health or vision plans. Because we feel that finances shouldn’t stand in the way of clearer vision, Vance Thompson Vision has developed the following payment options to assist in making corrective surgery as affordable as possible.
- Payment in Full: This payment can be made using cash or check. Payment in full by cash or check entitles the patient to an instant 5% discount provided no other discount is being applied.
- CareCredit: CareCredit is a company that provides patients with credit for their LASIK procedures, offering short-term, 0% interest payment plans and low-interest, extended payment plans. CareCredit has no up-front costs, no fees and no pre-payment penalties. Financing may be extended for as long as 60 months with payments as low as $49 per month.
- Flex Spending Plans: Flexible spending plans can be used to cover the costs of vision correction. Talk to your employer about setting aside money for you to put toward the costs of your surgery. It is a good idea to find out if you are a candidate before making such an election. We offer a Free Screening to make sure you are candidate and get a better idea of how much to set aside. Also, take a look at our Flex Spending Q&A.
- Tax Deductions The IRS has declared laser eye surgery to be a valid medical expense, thus making it tax deductible.
- Vision Insurance: Some vision plans will cover some or all aspects of your laser eye surgery. Vance Thompson Vision can explore specific coverage options for you. Contact our office for details.
It is our sincere hope that corrective surgery can be an affordable option for all candidates. Please feel free to call Janet at (605) 328-3953 or 1-877-522-3937 with any questions or concerns regarding the payment options at Vance Thompson Vision.
Making The Process Simpler
Thank you for taking the time to review your payment options in advance of receiving care. We believe you'll find the process much simpler as a result. We are looking forward to helping you with all your vision correction needs.
- Under the No Interest Plans, each month you are required to pay the required minimum monthly payment in the column to the left and to avoid interest, the promotional purchase must be paid in full within the promotional period. The amounts in these columns are the amount to be paid if you choose to make equal monthly payments and take advantage of the promotion.
- Estimated monthly payments include interest.
The LASIK procedure is the right answer for most patients who are considering refractive surgery to improve their vision. However, in patients with higher degrees of nearsightedness or farsightedness, the cornea may be too thin to allow full refractive correction.
In these cases, surgical implants may be the best alternative. These special devices are placed in the eyes to improve their focusing ability.