Meet Dr. Greenwood
As a Fellowship-trained cornea and glaucoma surgeon, Dr. Greenwood performs the most advanced techniques in cornea transplants, minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS), laser-assisted cataract surgery, and laser vision correction (LASIK). He is a leader among eye surgeons and is honored when patients choose him to restore their vision.
Interests & Added Expertise
Dr. Greenwood is passionate about teaching and is a Clinical Instructor of Surgery at the University of North Dakota. He is also the associate medical director of Dakota Lions Sight and Health, an organization working to advance the field of corneal transplantation. In addition, Dr. Greenwood is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, International Society of Refractive Surgery, and American Glaucoma Society.
- Jamestown High School, Jamestown, ND
- University of North Dakota
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals, (Cleveland, OH)
- Vance Thompson Vision Fellowship
Awards & Honors
- Mentoring for the Advancement of Physician Scientists, American Glaucoma Society
- Award for Academic Excellence and Outstanding Contribution, Delhi Ophthalmological Society
- Resident Excellence Award, ASCRS Foundation
- AAO Advocacy Ambassador, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Administrative Chief Resident, Case Western Reserve University
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Class President, UNDSMHS
- First Team Academic All-American, Football, ESPN The Magazine
- Student Athlete of the Year, North Central Conference
- Male Student Athlete of the Year, University of North Dakota
Personal & Hobbies
Michael enjoys spending time with his wife, Heidi, and their daughters. Together they like to play golf, go running, read, and listen to music. Michael also enjoys playing hockey and skates year-round. In the summertime, the Greenwoods enjoy spending time outdoors in the lakes area.