Meet Dr. Keenum
Dr. Keenum is an oculoplastic surgeon with a passion for science and artistry. He uses innovative techniques and advanced technology to bring excellent care to patients desiring plastic surgery around the eyes and face.
Before coming to Vance Thompson Vision, Dr. Keenum completed an elite two-year American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship (ASOPRS) at the University of Texas, Southwestern in Dallas, TX. His ASOPRS fellowship, one of the best in the country, provides a high level of experience in surgery of the eyelids and eye socket and makes him an expert in dealing with the unique challenges of surgery around the eyes.
Interests & Added Expertise
Dr. Keenum also leads Kalon in Sioux Falls, a medical spa that complements the oculoplastic surgeries he performs. Kalon offers a full menu of laser skin treatments for rejuvenating, restorative results.
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Brookwood Baptist Hospital Intern Year Program, Birmingham, AL
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Residency, Dallas, TX
- University of Texas Southwestern ASOPRS Fellowship, Dallas, TX
Awards & Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Lanning Kline Award for Ophthalmology
- Fellow Teacher of the Year 2022
- Texas Ophthalmologic Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Personal & Hobbies
Zac is so enthusiastic about how oculoplastics can help patients that he regularly films educational videos about surgical techniques, eye conditions, and emerging technology. He also enjoys painting abstract art and playing guitar. The certified scuba diver loves to travel the world with his wife, Rebecca, who is an allergist and immunologist.